How we help
MyChoicePad for Early Years is the right decision for you if you are passionate about giving children the best start in life.
In April 2015 the new pupil premium budget will be introduced, which is designed to help bridge the gap between the most and least advantaged children. MyChoicePad is a great way to use this additional funding to boost the language and communication of these children before school age (2-5 years old).
- Enable your speech and language therapist or health worker to see progress and to help chart students progress against the EYFS
- Help children who are starting school with a speech, language and communication need (SLCN)
- Those that have English as an additional language
- Makaton has proved engaging for all early years children with the popularity of ‘the character Mr Tumble on the Cbeebies show ‘Something Special’
- Introduce signing to both mainstream and children with SLCN and promote inclusion and provide a means of communication between the whole class
Sarah Watson, Communications Practitioner at Lanterns
Case study: Lanterns Nursery
Lanterns Nursery School and Children’s Centre in Winchester adopted MyChoicePad to support their preschool children with speech, language and communication needs (SLCN). A number of Lanterns’ children are pre-verbal and the nursery school uses Makaton in order to help them to communicate and learn.
Insane Logic introduced a training programme in the use of MyChoicePad. This allowed staff to use the language development platform to its full potential, which had a direct impact on how the children learned Makaton.
Insane Logic can provide
- Onsite training in Makaton, iPad use and the MyChoicePad software for your staff
- Advise you on the best way to implement it for optimum results in your setting
- Our own Speech and Language therapists on staff who can offer support and advice
The Speech and Language Therapists discovered that children who were unable to link words together verbally were able to form sentences using MyChoicePad.
Children improved their vocabulary and were even able to give simple instructions to their teachers or speech and language therapist using the MyChoicePad.
MyChoicePad has been so successfully used in Lanterns Nursery School that other local settings, parents and carers have introduced it upon learning how popular it was with both children and practitioners.
Stephanie Rowson, Speech and Language Therapist at Lanterns Nursery
Some of our partners